You may have a great career and a good job, but all of your achievements are due to your performance, and good health is a great part of it. Keeping fit and healthy is a very broad topic, but in this article, we’ll just tackle the basic information that an individual should know to start a healthy lifestyle.
Keeping physically and mentally fit doesn’t mean slogging it out to the gym and participating in massive strength training to maintain a slim and healthy body. The general idea is leveraging one’s activities everyday from a simple walk to simple resistance training afterward.
Men and women have different necessities when it comes to beauty and health. Women are more particular when it comes to beauty. However, they cannot be completely beautiful if they are not in good health. This is why women are researching natural, healthy ways to keep them healthy and looking beautiful. One in particular is my friend’s wife, who owns Roswell Plumber. She is big on health, beauty and any other fitness trends! There’s no such magic pill to help you achieve the desired figure instantly. The pathway to optimal health has no shortcut. It is a slow and steady process that also has some challenges. This means that determination is the key to its success.
Most people today have a major concern about maintaining a healthy heart. Why? Without the heart, everything else stops since blood flow is critical to living. People today are starting to realize that by taking a few extra steps into consideration like a healthier diet and moderate exercise that they can decrease the risks of having a heart attack.
Exercise is a huge factor to a healthy lifestyle. It is a big misconception that we have to participate in high intensity aerobic workouts maintain a health heart. This is a contradiction based on a study done by the National Institute of Health. The research shows that exercising which stays a low-intensity level activity(less than the targeted heart rate) is much healthier. This is the reason why athletes are advised not to overdo their training which can produce heart scar development.
Eating fruits and vegetables like broccoli, spinach, and tomatoes are shown to be good for the heart. These types of foods contain omega 3, vitamins, and minerals which help keep the heart tissues healthy. According to an American school of cardiologists, getting about six to eight hours sleep a day is found to reduce risks of acquiring heart disease. A good night’s sleep greatly contributes to a sound and peaceful mind.
1. Eat a high fiber breakfast – When you wake up in the morning, your body is drained of energy. Make sure to eat a high fiber breakfast as this will give you strength for the entire day and help with your digestion.
2. Keep a window open for circulation of fresh air – The reason why people get sick in the winter has less to do with the temperature than with the fact that most places are shut to keep out the cold. This makes the air full of bacteria and can make you sick. Fresh air is free, and it’s healthy.
3. Each day does something you love – All work and no play make John a sick boy. That’s why I strive to do something I love everyday. Make sure to make some time for yourself between work and your household chores.
4. Walk for 30 minutes 3 times each week – Walking helps circulation, aids weight loss, and keeps the muscles and joints fit. Walking also gets you out of the house and keeps you active.
5. Don’t skip any meals – Skipping meals sends your metabolism into turmoil. Make sure to eat a balanced diet and spread your calories throughout the day. It’s better to eat more small meals than three large ones.
6. Laugh – Each day, finds something that makes you laugh and let yourself go. Watch a sitcom, go to a Stand Up club, or just watch infants baby talk with each other. Laughter is one of the healthiest things for you, physically and mentally.
7. Read a book – Reading keeps the mind healthy and limber. Reading a book is a mental workout. It’s also one of the best ways to escape reality for a while.
8. Don’t be a workaholic – Working is a must, but don’t turn it into your entire life. Overworking is unhealthy and counterproductive.
9. Drink 10 glasses of water each day – Drinking water improves your concentration, energy levels, is good for your weight, skin, and all bodily functions.